Nashville District tames Cumberland River with the 'Old Locks'
This is the lower guide wall and lock houses from the left bank at Lock 1 on the Cumberland River in Nashville, Tenn., June 16, 1913. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District built Lock and Dam 1 at this location to establish a navigation channel. The structure was later replaced by today's modern dams.

Download Image: Full Size (1.28 MB)
Photo by: USACE |  VIRIN: 130616-A-CE999-1020.JPG