Chick Lock

Find a Project

Search

Results:
Tag: ohio
Clear
  • Alum Creek Lake

    Alum Creek Lake was authorized by Section 203 of Flood Control Act of 1962. The primary project purposes are are flood risk reduction, water supply for the Columbus metropolitan area, fish and wildlife, and recreation. The lake is impounded by a rolled earthfill dam, 93 ft. tall and 10,200 ft. long with a gated concrete spillway. The dam was completed in August 1974 and serves a drainage area of 123 square miles.
  • Atwood Lake

    Atwood Lake serves as the Project Office for the projects located within the Lower Tuscarawas section of the Muskingum Area. It was authorized by Section 4 of the Flood Control Act (FCA) of 1938, as amended by Section 4 of the FCA of 1939. Primary project purposes are flood damage reduction, recreation, and fish and wildlife.
  • Beach City Lake

    Beach City Dam is located near the northern border of Tuscarawas County, Ohio, on Sugar Creek, a tributary of the Tuscarawas River, about nine miles above New Philadelphia, Ohio. The dam was completed in 1936 for flood control and water conservation in the Muskingum Watershed area.
  • Bolivar Dam

    Bolivar Dam is within the Upper Tuscarawas section of the Muskingum Area. It was authorized by Section 4 of the Flood Control Act (FCA) of 1938, as amended by Section 4 of the FCA of 1939. Primary project purposes are flood damage reduction, recreation, and fish and wildlife. Land includes 713 fee acres and 8,282 flowage easement acres. The dam was completed September 1938 and serves a drainage area of 504 square miles. The dam is a rolled earth-fill with impervious core, 87 ft. tall, 6,300 ft. long and 25 ft. wide at the top and 480 ft. wide at the base.
  • C.J. Brown Dam and Reservoir

    Welcome to the C. J. Brown Dam and Reservoir. The lake is located near Springfield in west central Ohio, less than a day's drive from Indianapolis, Cleveland, Louisville or Toledo. The 2,120 acre lake provides flood reduction and a whole lot more. The C. J. Brown Region offers many opportunities to enjoy wildlife or recreate in the great outdoors. 
  • Charles Mill Lake

    Charles Mill Dam is located on the Black Fork of the Mohican River, 10 miles east of Mansfield and 10 miles southwest of Ashland, Ohio. The lake is located in Ashland and Richland counties with the dam being located in Ashland County. Charles Mill Dam was constructed in 1935-36 and is primarily for flood control but also for recreation and fish and wildlife management. 
  • Clendening Lake

    Clendening Lake is located in Harrison County, Ohio on the Brushy Fork of the Stillwater Creek within the Lower Tuscarawas section of the Muskingum Area. Clendening Lake was constructed in 1937.  It was built for flood damage reduction, recreation, and fish and wildlife management. 
  • Deer Creek Lake

    Deer Creek Lake  was authorized by Section 4 of Flood Control Act of 1938. The primary project purposes are flood risk reduction, fish and wildlife enhancement, recreation, and low flow augmentation. The lake is impounded by a rolled earthfill dam 93 ft. tall and 3,800 ft. long with a gated concrete spillway. The dam was completed in 1968 and serves a drainage area of 277 square miles. The spillway is controlled by three tainter gates in the channel section of the dam. The outlet works consist of five 5 sluices at invert and one low flow sluice. Other structures include a rolled homogenous earthen dike 15 feet high and 4,600 feet long located 3.8 miles southwest of the dam. Land includes 7,223 fee acres and 352 flowage easement acres. There are three recreation areas at the project.
  • Delaware Lake

    Delaware Lake is part of a system of dams that reduce flood stages in the Olentangy, Scioto, and
  • Dillon Lake

    Naming of Dillon Lake followed a long standing US Army Corps of Engineers tradition of naming the
  • Dover Dam

    Dover Dam is located in Tuscarawas County, Ohio, in the Tuscarawas River, approximately three and one-half miles northeast of Dover, Ohio. Dover Dam is a concrete gravity structure with a maximum height of 83 feet above streambed. The top overall length is 824 feet at elevation 931, m.s.l. An uncontrolled ogee spillway is situated in the center channel section.
  • Harshaw Site

    The former Harshaw Chemical Company, located at 1000 Harvard Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio, was contracted by the Manhattan Engineer District and later the Atomic Energy Commission to support the Nation’s early atomic weapons program. From 1944 to 1959, various forms of uranium were processed at the Harshaw Site and sent to Oak Ridge, Tennessee, for further processing. Based on a request from the State of Ohio and the site owners, the Department of Energy determined that this site should be reviewed for possible inclusion in the Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP) and on June 3, 1999, referred this action to the Corps of Engineers.
  • Leesville Lake

    In Carroll County, Ohio, Leesville Lake is on McGuire Creek, a tributary of Conotton Creek on
  • Luckey Site

    In 1942, a magnesium processing facility was built at the Luckey Site on U.S. government land. National Lead operated the facility for the U.S. government during World War II until 1945. In 1949, the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) built a beryllium production facility at the site where Brush Beryllium Company (later Brush Wellman) produced beryllium oxide, beryllium hydroxide, and beryllium pebbles. Beryl ore is a natural product of the earth and may be excavated with rocks containing varying concentrations of radium-226, thorium-230 and uranium. The chemical processes to extract beryllium also separates other elements, including radium, thorium and uranium. This resulted in products with more concentrated beryllium, and incidentally generated waste streams with enhanced concentrations of radium, thorium and uranium. The products were then shipped to other facilities for further processing.
  • Mohawk Dam

    Mohawk Dam was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1938 and was built along with 13 other dams to control flooding within the Muskingum River watershed.  Work began in April 1935 and the dam was completed in September 1937. 
  • Mohicanville Dam

    Built in 1935, Mohicanville Dam, a flood control project, is a dry dam with no permanent pool. The dam site is located on the Lakefork of the Mohican River in northeast Ohio, 171 miles above the mouth of the Muskingum River at Marietta, Ohio.
  • North Branch Kokosing River Lake

    Kokosing Dam was built by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for flood control, recreation and wildlife management.  Construction began in June 1970 and was completed in May 1972. The dam has an impervious, waterproof, core with earth-fill and rip-rap rock covering. The dam has an unregulated outlet structure, which means the water can not easily be regulated.
  • Painesville Site

    The Painesville Site, located in Painesville, Ohio, was a former magnesium production facility, operated by the Diamond Magnesium Company under contract to the Federal Government. From 1951 to 1953, Diamond Magnesium received approximately 1,650 tons of radioactively contaminated scrap steel from the Lake Ontario Storage Area (now the Niagara Falls Storage Site), to be used in the magnesium production process.
  • Paint Creek Lake

    The lake provides flood control (authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1938) for the communities
  • Paint Creek Lake & Deer Creek Lake Regional Master Plan

    The current Master Plan at Paint Creek Lake was published in June 1985, and in June 1984 for Deer Creek Lake. The master plans do not comply with USACE guidance regarding master plans are in need of revision. Changes have occurred over time and need to be captured to reflect the current and future management of the projects. The current master plans and land classifications are in need of revision to address changes in regional land use, population, outdoor recreation trends, and USACE management policy.
  • Piedmont Lake

    Piedmont Dam is located near the southern border of Harrison County, Ohio, on Stillwater Creek, a tributary of the Tuscarawas River.  At summer elevation the Piedmont Lake pool covers 2,312 acres over portions of Harrison, Belmont, and Guernsey Counties. 
  • Pleasant Hill Lake

    The U.S. Army Corps of Engineer's Pleasant Hill Dam is right in the middle of two major recreation areas; Mohican State Park and Mohican Memorial Forest below the dam and MWCD's Pleasant Hill Lake Park, created by the dam, above it. The dam and lake are located on the Clear Fork branch of the Mohican River, 6 miles west of Loudonville and 20 miles southeast of Mansfield, Ohio, in Ashland County. 
  • Portsmouth Local Protection Project

    The Portsmouth segment of the Portsmouth/New Boston Local Protection Project is located in Scioto County, Ohio, on the right descending bank of the Ohio River at the mouth of the Scioto River, near Ohio River Mile 355.
  • Senecaville Lake

    Senecaville Lake is within the Lower Tuscarawas section of the Muskingum Area and is one of a system of projects designed to provide flood control and water conservation in the Muskingum Watershed in southeastern Ohio. It was authorized by Section 4 of the Flood Control Act (FCA) of 1938, as amended by Section 4 of the FCA of 1939. Primary project purposes are flood damage reduction, recreation, and fish and wildlife.
  • Tappan Lake

    Tappan Lake is within the Lower Tuscarawas section of the Muskingum Area. It was authorized by Section 4 of the Flood Control Act (FCA) of 1938, as amended by Section 4 of the FCA of 1939. Primary project purposes are flood damage reduction, recreation, and fish and wildlife.
Chick Lock

Through deeds, not words, we are BUILDING STRONG®